The Jewish Community Booth will be in Piedmont Park all weekend, October 14-15, 2017. Please come visit our booth at Y(ellow)-6.
Booth and Parade VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Sign-up here!
NEW FOR 2017: Hop on our float with hundreds of others showing our Pride!
The SOJOURN Jewish Community Booth Y(ellow)-6is open from 10a-6p in Piedmont Park each day. See map.
Volunteers are needed to staff the booth at the Pride Festival. Take an easy 2-hour shift. Sign Up Here!
- The Jewish Community will meet at The Civic Center Marta Station on Sunday by 11am in Row G! Look for the blue tower of balloons The Parade kicks off at Noon. See parade route (it is about a 2 mile walk and takes about 2 hours-it goes quick).
- There will be 10-15 spaces to ride on the Pride float. This space is reserved for folks who can'twalk the route.
- Bring banners or signs. Reminder – they should be LGBTQ related
- SOJOURN has the perfect T-shirt to wear for the parade (and all year) -“Love Your Neighbor (Even if They Are Not) Like Yourself”. Buy it now and get it at Pride.
- Bring water bottles and a light-weight backpack to carry goodies & essentials.
- BEFORE the end of the parade (10th and Charles Allen), collect all of your stuff off of the float. The volunteers and police keep the float going and it doesn't stop except to let people off.
- After the parade, please come to the SOJOURN-Jewish Community Booth at Y(ellow)-6 for a nosh and connecting with friends.
- There will be photos taken at the start of the parade. It is very loud so look out for signs so you can gather to say "Happy Pride!" to the camera.
- Since cell phones may not work in big crowds, we suggest setting up the FireChat app to connect with your group if needed.
- Make a plan in advance in case you get separated from your group.
- Let someone who is not going to Pride know that you are.
- Updates will be on Facebook. Invite others, post pictures, enjoy!
For questions, please contact us HERE
Thank you to our 53 Pride Partners for 2017!
Ahavath Achim Synagogue
ADL - Anti-Defamation League
AJC - Global Jewish Advocacy, ACCESS AJC
Atlanta Jewish Film Festival
Atlanta Jewish Music Festival
Atlanta Jewish Teen Initiative
Atlanta Jewish Times
Atlanta Council BBYO
Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice
The William Breman Jewish Heritage Museum
URJ Camp Coleman
B'nai Torah Atlanta
Congregation Bet Haverim
Beth Shalom - Atlanta
Congregation Dor Tamid - CDT
Congregation Etz Chaim
Congregation Gesher L'Torah
Congregation Or Hadash
Congregation Shearith Israel - Atlanta
The Davis Academy
Dressler's Funeral Service
The Epstein School
Hadassah Greater Atlanta
Hillel at Georgia Tech
Hillel at Georgia State
In the City Camp
JCRCA / Jewish Community Relations Council of Atlanta
Jewish Fertility Foundation
Jewish Home Life Communities
Jewish Kids Groups
Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta
Jewish Interest Free Loan
Jewish National Fund - JNF
Limmud Atlanta + Southeast
MACoM - Metro Atlanta Community Mikvah
Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta - MJCCA
Temple Beth Tikvah
Temple Emanu-El of Atlanta
Temple Kehillat Chaim - Roswell, GA
Temple Kol Emeth-Marietta, GA
Temple Sinai Atlanta
The Sixth Point
The Weber School
Celebrate Pride Year-Round with our Official Shirt!
Celebrate your pride with SOJOURN's newest t-shirt, created exclusively for us by our friends at Modern Tribe.
The Bible commands us to "love your neighbor as yourself" (Leviticus 19:18) but we prefer to take it one step farther and love our neighbors even if they are not like ourselves.